2012 was a good year for us.
It was a bit hard from me to narrow the months down so I hope this doesn't get too long.
:: january ::
- Ivy is a sunbeam in church.
- We finally bought a van.
(a little stressful since we bought a used van and then Chris couldn't feel good about it and demanded they take it back, thankfully he got his way and he came home with a new one the next day)
- Dad turned 50!
:: february ::
- We announced that we were having another baby!
- We celebrated Valentines day
- Took the girls bowling for the first time.
:: march ::
- Threw a baby shower for Ashlee.
- Pulled off the ultimate surprise party for my parents 50th birthdays.
- Firehouse for Chris' birthday lunch.
:: april ::
- Had our ultrasound where we resisted the temptation again to find out what we were having.
- Celebrated Easter in St. George with the Easter bunny.
- Spring finally came in Salt Lake.
- Ivy performed on stage at her ballet recital.
:: may ::
- We bought a swing set and Chris surprised us with it all put together when we got home from St. George.(he did the entire thing by himself)
- Megan had a boy!
Benjamin Eric. We all were smitten with him.
- We celebrated my birthday,
Chris gave me beautiful pearl earrings.
- I took a girls trip to Vegas with my high school friends.
- We took a trip as a family to California where we went to the beach, seaworld, and the zoo.
It was so much fun!
:: june ::
- We threw a baby shower for baby Ben.
- We celebrated Fathers day.
- We had a Patten reunion at Bear Lake.
- Olive turned two!
- We finally painted our house.
:: july ::
- Spent the 4th of July at the annual neighborhood breakfast.
- My parents and Addie came up and surprised us in the afternoon.
- The girls ate 1,000,000 popsicles.
- Our dear friends the Penningtons came to visit again.
- We transitioned the girls into the same room with a new bed.
(My mom came up to help with the headboard project which was so much fun!)
:: august ::
- Ivy started swim lessons again with Taylor and Abby Jones.
Olive was so sad every day she couldn't get in the water with her.
- We finally finished my mom's playroom.
- I busted my butt and got the yearly blurb books done.
(my goal was to have them printed before baby arrived)
- Started the weekly non stress test and amniotic fluid test.
(low levels again)
:: september ::
- Mae Estelle welcomed our family.
Still can't believe we had another girl!
- Not a week later did Mae's dresser fall on Olive,
resulting in six stitches above her eye.
Thank heavens my mom was still here!
- Ivy turned 4 and had a rainbow party.
She had been planning it for an entire year.
- We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary with dinner, movie, and yogurt.
(with Mae as our third wheel)
:: october ::
- Mae smiles for the first time, but only for Laura.
- Traveled to St. George by myself with the girls for Addie's first homecoming dance.
- "Modeled" for the Solly wrap.
(which is amazing and has saved me numerous times)
- Had our first annual sisters weekend,
celebrating Addie's birthday.
(while mom was in Hawaii with all her friends)
- Had a wonderful Halloween with my little insects.
:: november ::
- Chris gave Mae the sweetest baby blessing in Church.
- Ivy had another ballet performance.
- We had Thanksgiving at my parents house,
my mom cooks the best food hands down.
:: december ::
- Ginger the elf came to our house for the month of December to keep an eye on the girls for Santa.
- The family came up and we shopped around and went to the toy store at Grand America.
- Celebrated on of the greatest Christmas' yet.
(with very little pictures as proof)
must be better this year.
What a year.
I feel so blessed.